Dermal Fillers are popular treatments for permanent wrinkles and facial lines. They can also enhance lips and add definition to your cheeks.
The filler product is injected into the skin or just below it depending on the area being treated. The filler plumps up the layers of skin immediately beneath the area and the result is an instant filling-out effect so that the skin is smoother, less wrinkled and more youthful.
We use Juvederm dermal fillers at Duncan Smith Dental as they require less volume to fill wrinkles and hard to treat skin folds. Juvederm is great for actual folds in the skin and deeper crevices, such as the nasolabial folds and marionette folds that extend downward from the corners of the mouth. Juvederm dermal fillers represent a significant advancement in Dermal Fillers. Juvederm is a modified form of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in human skin and throughout the body which holds water to maintain skin moisture levels. Modified forms of hyaluronic acid have an enormous safety record. Since Juvederm is based on natural hyaluronic acid, your body biologically accepts it as its own. Juvederm also mimics the same hydrating and lifting effect of hyaluronic acid, which keeps the skin hydrated and elastic, helping you look and feel great. It is a non-animal product without any organic solvents.
The treatment will usually take about 30 minutes to perform and the results appear instantly. You can carry on with your normal life immediately after treatment. The product is broken down slowly by the body and so the results typically last between 6 months and a year, depending on the particular filler used. After this time you can choose whether to have more treatment to maintain the effect.
Dermal fillers now from £180 (no-obligation consultation required)
Where is Juvederm used?
Juvéderm Ultra comes in many formulations for more natural-looking, customisable results. It is suitable for all skin types and requires no pre-treatment skin test.
- Juvéderm Ultra 2: Erases moderate lines, especially those around the lips and corners of the eyes and those very close to the surface of the skin. Link to website.
- Juvéderm Ultra 3: Smoothes wrinkles between the nose and corner of the mouth and around lips. It can be used very subtly to plump out lips in order to maintain a youthful smile
- Juvéderm Ultra 4: Works on the most noticeable folds and lines, and improves the contour of the face
- Juvederm Ultra Smile: Designed especially for lip definition and volume
- Juvederm Volbella: longer lasting lip filler (up to 12 months), uniquely designed for a natural look and feel, with less swelling compared to other lip treatments.
How often would I require treatment?
Everyone’s skin is different and that’s why timing of any additional treatment varies from person to person. Juvederm is a naturally based biological material and it will eventually break down and be absorbed by your body. That’s why you will need repeat treatments to maintain the look you want. If you choose not to continue with your treatment any remaining Juvederm is simply absorbed by your body over time and your skin gradually returns to its natural contours.
Are there any reactions to treatments?
Adverse reactions are uncommon but in the hours following treatment some local swelling, bruising and reddening can occur which usually fades within days.